Chorus & Comprimario Auditions for Annapolis Opera’s 2021 – 2022 Season
Rossini’s Cinderella (men’s chorus only)
Rehearsals begin: Early October, 2021
Tech week: Saturday, October 30 – Wednesday, November 3, 2021
Performances: Friday, November 5 at 7:30 PM & Sunday, November 7, 2021 at 3 PM
Puccini’s La Boheme (women’s and men’s chorus, comprimario roles [Parpignol, Sergeant])
Rehearsals begin: Early December, 2021
Tech week: Saturday, January 22 – Wednesday, January 26, 2022
Performances: Thursday, January 27 at 7:30 PM & Saturday, January 29, 2022 at 3 PM
Sondheim’s Into the Woods (comprimario roles – see below)
Rehearsals begin: Wednesday, February 23, 2022 (please note, some daytime availability may be required for comprimario roles)
Tech week: Saturday, March 12 – Wednesday, March 16, 2022
Performances: Friday, March 18 at 7:30 PM, Saturday, March 19 at 7:30 PM & Sunday, March 20, 2022 at 3 PM
Roles to be cast in Into the Woods include, but are not limited to:
- Granny/Cinderella’s Mother/Giant
- Cinderella’s Father
- Cinderella’s Prince/Wolf
- Rapunzel’s Prince
- Sleeping Beauty
- Snow White
Chorus members will receive a fee of $400.00; singers cast in comprimario roles will receive an additional fee, TBD.
Audition applications for Annapolis Opera’s 2021 – 2022 season will be accepted through Friday, August 13, 2021 at 11:59 PM (EST).
After applications are reviewed, selected applicants will be invited to audition by appointment on Saturday, August 21, 2021 (10 AM – 4 PM), and Saturday, August 28, 2021 (10 AM – 4 PM) at Maryland Hall (801 Chase Street, Annapolis, MD). Applicants will be notified of their audition status no later than Monday, August 16, 2021.
Please carefully read the following requirements before submitting an application.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of the audition.
- Applicants must commit to the performance and rehearsal dates (listed above).
- Applicants will present two works, one of which must be in Italian; any opera aria, operetta piece, or song of contrasting style and tempo.
- An accompanist will be provided. Please bring all music in the correct key. Pre-recorded accompaniment is not permitted.
To apply for an audition, please email the following to Victoria Mangum at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Which productions you would be auditioning for (Cinderella, La Boheme, Into the Woods)
- Which audition date you would prefer (Saturday, August 21 or Saturday, August 28, 2021)
Vocal Competition Application
The competition application has been closed for the season.