The Company shall maintain a public website for the purpose of providing information about the Company for the benefit of the general public, marketing the programs and productions of the Company, and facilitating communication with the Company. The contents of the site shall be the responsibility of the general manager with the advice of the Marketing and Public Relations Committee, at least one member of which shall be designated to routinely review the site to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the postings.
Access to administer the site shall be password protected. The password shall be available solely to the office staff and the webmaster.
Among other subjects, the website shall contain general Company information including a history, the mission, a list of Company leadership, and staff contact information; a link to effectuate the purchase of tickets, a description of the current season, and an outline of past performances; a link to make a donation; a list of education and other enrichment opportunities; and various written, pictorial, and audio material reflecting the Company’s past programs and performances.
The Company shall maintain a private portion within the public site, currently denoted as Private Document Access, for the posting of documents required by trustees and advisory trustees to fulfill their respective duties and responsibilities. The contents of the site shall be the responsibility of the general manager with the advice of the Governance Committee, at least one member of which shall be designated to routinely review the site to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the postings.
Access to administer the private site shall be password protected. The password shall be available solely to the office staff and the webmaster. Access to view the private site also shall be password protected. The password shall be provided solely to trustees, advisory trustees, office staff, and the webmaster. The password shall be revised annually when trustees depart from the board and at any other time immediately after a person with the password is no longer entitled to access.
The private site shall contain, among other items approved by the Governance Committee, the contents of the Trustee Handbook with contemporaneous pages posted as they are revised. Among others, these items are contact information for key leaders, calendar of meetings & events, list of standing committee members, list of expiration of terms of trustees & officers, biographies of trustees, detailed program information, minutes of meetings of the Board of Trustees during the preceding 13 months, minutes of most recent meeting of the Executive Committee, financial statement for prior fiscal year, current fiscal year budget, most recent periodic financial statement, current IRS Form 990, corporate charter, by-laws, manual of policies & procedures, strategic plan, list of opera management and non-profit organization references, blank volunteer hours report form, and most recent trustee report card.
The Company may employ social media to publicize and market its programs and performances. The use of this media and the content of the postings shall be the responsibility of the general manager with the advice of the Marketing and Public Relations Committee, at least one member of which shall be designated to routinely review this media to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the postings.
Access to administer the various media accounts shall be password protected. The passwords shall be available solely to the office staff and the webmaster.
The Company is committed to protecting the privacy of those accessing Company information via the Internet. The Company desires to offer a secure, helpful experience for these users and will make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that the information submitted to the Company remains private and is used solely for the intended described purpose described. Where possible, revisions to this policy will be published in advance and disseminated by e-mail to any users who have requested the information.
1. Personal Information Gathering. The information the Company receives and how it is utilized depends upon what the user does when accessing the site. The website contains areas that require contact and other personal information be provided. It is the user’s option whether to provide the information. An e-mail address, when provided, will be utilized to send notices periodically about the Company’s performances, events and other activities. The e-mail address will not be revealed to third parties. Other personal information will only be used as described at the time the user provides the information. A user who wishes to change the information, make an inquiry, or submit a complaint, may contact the Company directly.
2. Non-Personal Information Gathering. The Company will collect no personally identifiable information about a user unless the user chooses to provide this information to the Company. Consequently, no personal information will be gathered about a user who merely browses the site or downloads information from it. Nonetheless, the Company may gather and log certain information that does not identify the user personally. None of the information stored in the Company’s log files, including but not limited to IP addresses, is linked to personally identifiable information. Such non-personal information is aggregated for statistical purposes only and may include the Internet domain name and the Internet Protocol address from which a user may access the site, the type of browser and operating system used for access, the date and time of the access, the address of any site from which the user utilized a link to access the site, and the site pages, areas and services the user accessed during the visit. This non-personal information assists the Company determine what services and tools are most beneficial to the site’s users, and how the Company may optimally serve the users.
3. Specific Information Gathering. Contact information may be utilized to contact a user, when necessary. The information may also be employed to inform a user of site revisions or of related performances, events and other activities.
4. Sharing of Information. The Company will not sell, share, rent, or otherwise transfer a user’s information. Although some personal information a user may have voluntarily disclosed may be publically used, the Company will disclose which personal information may be released and provide the terms of the release of this information which the user has accepted. From time to time, The Company may send information about an opera-related event to users by email on behalf of another organization. While the Company strives to protect the personal information of its site users, the information may be released if required by law or in the good-faith belief that the release is necessary.
7. Contact Information. As noted, any contact information will be employed to contact a user, when necessary.
9. Children. The Company’s site is not directed to children and information is not specifically collected from children under the age of thirteen. Therefore, the federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) does not apply to the site. Nonetheless, the Company encourages parents to view with their children the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/edcams/kidzprivacy/index.html to learn more about how COPPA protects children’s privacy online.