TITLE: Administrative Assistant
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: General Director, Operations Associate
HOURS: Twenty hours per week
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative office support to the General Director and Operations Associate, as assigned. In addition to general administrative duties, this position supports the marketing, production and development functions. The incumbent will work closely with the General Director, the Operations Associate, the President, members of the Executive Committee, and Committee Chairs. This position serves as a consistent public presence, responding to inquiries and meeting the needs of constituents. Other duties as required may be assigned.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support day-to-day operations, including but not limited to routine office functions, ensuring that assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Respond to telephone, e-mail, and web-based inquiries promptly and in a professional manner; update information voice mail and online communications as needed to reflect current information.
- Process incoming mail daily; record contributed income in donor management software accurately and promptly, providing reports to the Operations Associate, General Director, and President, as required.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic files to ensure accessibility and provide documentation of operational functions and administrative actions, as assigned.
- Monitor office supplies and equipment functions and report requirements to the Operations Associate promptly to ensure operational efficiency.
- Assist the Operations Associate in coordinating volunteer and intern schedules and assignments, and report problems promptly.
Marketing, Production and Development Support
- Aids in the production of fliers, program inserts, invitations, eblasts, posters and other media as assigned.
- Monitor website and social media and notify the Operations Associate of update needs; perform updates as assigned.
- Updates Trustee portal reports
- Maintain media, marketing, and events calendar as directed and perform related tasks, including routing calendar items and media inquiries in a timely fashion. Assist in the assembly and distribution of marketing and fundraising materials, as needed.
- Maintain library and archives of marketing and fundraising materials.
- Solicit advertisement for the season’s Playbill and collect materials.
- Participate in organizational events as assigned.
- Support the committee managing fundraising events including tracking silent auction items and rsvp’s to events.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
High school diploma minimum, degree in business administration, communication, marketing, music or arts management a plus.
Experience and Knowledge
1-2 years of professional experience in office management, arts operations, marketing, communications. or other non-profit environment involving significant public contact is required. Proficiency in MSOffice Suites to include Outlook, Power Point and Excel, and basic web experience is highly desirable.
Ability to read music a plus.
In order to perform this position effectively, the following work-related requirements must be met. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable persons with disabilities to perform job functions successfully:
- This position requires a pre-employment background check.
- Ability to communicate with professionals, artists, diverse partners and stakeholders;
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment, and maintain attention to detail;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality relative to financial, personnel, and board matters;
- Ability to concentrate in a small office environment in close proximity to meetings, conversations, and interruptions;
- Ability to sit for long periods and work at close vision;
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds;
- Work is performed in an office with a closed door.
Salary and Hours: This is a part-time 20 hour per week position, and may include some nights and weekends, with the potential for additional hours. The hourly rate is $15.
Work schedule to be mutually decided – normal office hours are 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please refer to the website for more information about the company: www.annapolisopera.org.
No phone calls, please.