2019 – 2020 Season Auditions
The Annapolis Opera plans to present fully staged productions of Tosca in the fall of 2019, and Susannah in the spring of 2020, and two or more aria concerts during the season.
Online applications will be accepted October 1, through November 21 (midnight, EST), 2018.
Academy of Vocal Arts (AVA): 1920 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Friday, January 11, 2019, 10 AM– 5 PM
- Saturday, January 12, 2019, 10 AM – 5 PM
Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts: 801 Chase Street, Annapolis, MD 21401
- Friday, January 18, 2019, 10 AM – 5 PM
Saturday, January 19, 2019, 10 AM – 5 PM
Online Submission Only
Complete online application form, which includes uploading the following:
- Resume in Microsoft Word (“.doc” format), “.txt” or PDF formats only, please. The resume should include education, teachers, coaches, and conductors; performance experience (role, production title, company, year); and honors. Maximum size 3MB.
- Recent photo (headshot) – JPG file format approximately (1568 x 2360 resolution), 5.2″ x 7.9″ (300 dpi dimension).
- Singers must identify three memorized selections demonstrating a range of languages, style, tempi, and mood as appropriate. Singers auditioning for Tosca or Susannah must include at least one selection from the production, preferably from the role for which you are auditioning.
- Singers may request to audition at the Academy of Vocal Arts or at Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts and may state a date and time preference. Though every effort will be made to honor your preference, it is not guaranteed.
- Audition appointments are limited and will be allocated based on the Annapolis Opera Artistic Director’s review of all applications. All applicants will be notified via email about their audition status no later than December 7, 2018. Singers selected for an audition will be notified via email of their appointment date and time no later than December 14, 2018.
- Applications are only considered when correctly completed. Within minutes of receiving your application, an email will be sent to the address you provided confirming the application was successfully received by the Annapolis Opera. THIS IS NOT A GUARANTEE OF AN AUDITION APPOINTMENT. If the confirmation email is not received, please notify Annapolis Opera immediately.
FEES: There is no application fee. For singers selected to audition, there is a non-refundable $25 accompanist fee to be upon appointment acceptance.
We want to make sure you are prepared, relaxed and comfortable for your audition. We prepared these procedures so you will know what we expect from you and what you should expect from us.
- An accompanist will be provided by Annapolis Opera. Please bring music in the correct key. Pre-recorded accompaniment (tape, CD, etc.) is not permitted.
- Singers are limited to 10 minutes for their audition performance.
- On arrival at the audition location, an Annapolis Opera representative will help you check in and answer basic questions about how the audition will run. The representative will record your name and the time you arrived, and take an updated headshot or resume if you choose to provide one. Make sure to arrive early in order to give yourself time to check in and warm up.
- Warm up rooms will be provided, but are limited. An Annapolis Opera representative will guide you to a room and allow a least 15 minutes for you to prepare.
You will receive an email confirmation of your successful completion of this application at the email address provided. Please note that all correspondence regarding your application and your status will be via the email address that you have provided. It is important you receive and validate the contents of the email confirmation. Contact Annapolis Opera if you do not receive this email or there are errors.
For additional information, call the Annapolis Opera office at 410-267-8135 or email AOAuditions@comcast.net.
Contact: Leah Solat, Audition Chair