Annapolis Opera invites you to apply to audition for Chorus roles in our production of Carmen in the spring of 2019. All roles are paid.
Performance dates: Friday, March 15, 2019 at 8 PM & Sunday, March 17, 2019 at 3 PM
Applicants must commit to the following rehearsal schedule: Weekends beginning early February 2019; every evening March 11 – 13, 2019.
Online applications will be accepted through Friday, September 14 (midnight, EST), 2018.
Auditions will be held on Saturday, October 6, 2018, from 10 AM to 5 PM at Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts [801 Chase Street, Annapolis, MD 21401].
Online Submission Only
Complete online application form, which includes uploading the following:
- Resume in PDF format only. Include performance experience, education, teachers, coaches, conductors, and honors.
- Headshot in JPG file format.
- Applicants must also identify two aria selections to be performed from memory.
Please make sure that your last name is part of the photo and resume file name.
Audition appointments are limited and will be allocated based on the Annapolis Opera Artistic Director’s review of all applications. All applicants will be notified of their status and, if applicable, appointment time by September 28, 2018.
Applications are only considered when correctly completed. Within minutes of receiving your application, an email will be sent to the address you provided confirming the application was successfully received by the Annapolis Opera. THIS IS NOT A GUARANTEE OF AN AUDITION APPOINTMENT. If the confirmation email is not received, please notify Annapolis Opera immediately.
We want to make sure you are prepared, relaxed and comfortable for your audition. We prepared these procedures so you will know what we expect from you and what you should expect from us.
- An accompanist will be provided by Annapolis Opera. Please bring music in the correct key. Pre-recorded accompaniment (tape, CD, etc.) is not permitted.
- Singers are limited to 10 minutes for their audition performance.
- On arrival at the audition location, an Annapolis Opera representative will help you check in and answer basic questions about how the audition will run. The representative will record your name and the time you arrived, and take an updated headshot or resume if you choose to provide one. Make sure to arrive early in order to give yourself time to check in.
You will receive an email confirmation of your successful completion of this application at the email address provided. Please note that all correspondence regarding your application and your status will be via the email address that you have provided. It is important you receive and validate the contents of the email confirmation. Contact Annapolis Opera if you do not receive this email or there are errors.